We aim to ensure:
- High academic standards and improvement in school performance.
- An inclusive and welcoming environment.
- A self-sustaining, learning community that shares best practice.
- A love of learning.
To be a high performing family of schools who believe in learning without barriers.
The Kings Academy Trust was established in July 2015 to support converter schools and existing academies wishing to join the Oakwood family of schools.
The purpose of the Trust is to maintain the highest standards, ensure rapid improvement of schools, to facilitate the sharing of best practice and achieve economies of scale across a group of academies.
At the heart of our aims and objectives is the belief that all children, regardless of barriers to learning, have the right to high quality education.
We believe all children have an entitlement to receive the best educational experience possible, which will develop them academically, socially and emotionally.
We will work with all our schools to ensure we offer inclusive values and moral purpose.
We believe that through our family of schools we can create a shared vision and identity. This shared vision includes working in partnership with each other to support, challenge and encourage so that we provide the best educational experience to all our children.
Working with high performing schools, Teaching Schools, National Leaders, Specialist Leaders in Education and other partners we will ensure that staff with the highest standards are appointed and supported in their journey with us.
The Kings Academy Trust will provide a ‘bespoke’ package of support for school improvement which includes:
A set number of days’ support each year from the Executive Principal/NLE, Executive Finance Director, Director of Teaching School, SLE’s and Consultants in specialist roles.
Key Areas of Focus
- Standards, data analysis, target setting and action planning.
- Quality of teaching and learning.
- Leadership and Management.
- Half termly support and challenge visits.
- Support with Performance Management.
- Access to CPD and training.
Support for Local Governing Bodies
- A comprehensive package of support and professional development.
- Access to Governor Networks.
- Support from the Trust Board.
Key Priorities for the Trust
The priorities for the Trust and consequently its executive principals are:
- To develop the multi academy trust over a 1, 3 and 5 year strategic plan.
- We will bring one or two good or outstanding schools into our Trust by 2020.
- By 2018 the Trust will become an academy sponsor and we will look to support one school in difficulty.
- In September 2020 we will open Oakwood Community College.
- By 2020 we want all schools within our Trust to be good or outstanding in their Ofsted judgements.
- We will actively support and monitor all academies within the Trust to ensure we reach the highest levels of accreditation at external inspection.
- We will manage and develop School Improvement packages and ensure best practice is shared within the Trust.
- We will manage and develop services in procurement so that schools within the Trust have access to goods and services at the best possible prices, and are assisted in efficient cost savings.
- To ensure that Finances and Governance of the Trust operate to the highest standards.
- To network so that our Trust’s voice is heard and promoted locally and nationally.
Deciding to Covert
Schools converting to an academy and joining the Kings Academy Trust will receive support throughout the conversion process. This includes the following:
A series of visits to assist the Local Governing Body with the decision making prior to the conversion.
Due diligence health checks will be undertaken on the following areas:
- Teaching and learning, to identify strengths.
- Review of leadership and Governance.
- Financial review, to determine the school’s current financial position and identify support and training requirements by Business Managers.
- Buildings, to assess the condition of the buildings and to determine whether they are safe and fit for purpose.
- I.T review, to assess capacity of the I.T systems.
Full project management support with:
Administration of the conversion process, legal transfer of lands and assets, HR and the Tupe process and liaison with the Department for Education and parental consultation.